Monday 10 December, 2007

Karlheinz Stockhausen - in memoriam: 22.08.1928 - 05.12.2007



"Mikrophonie I/II" (1964/65)

Mikrophonie I: 26'35''
[for tamtam, 2 microphones, 2 filters and controllers]

Mikrophonie II: 14'28''
[for choir, Hammond organ, and four ring modulators]


about Mikrophonie:

"Mikrophonie is the title given by Karlheinz Stockhausen to two of his compositions, written in 1964 and 1965, in which “normally inaudible vibrations . . . are made audible by an active process of sound detection (comparable to the auscultation of a body by a physician); the microphone is used actively as a musical instrument, in contrast to its former passive function of reproducing sounds as faithfully as possible.

link@320

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We at Bravo Juju profoundly dread the lost of one of the most brilliant electronic music composers of the 20th century.
As our personal homage to his great genius and work we post this wonderful work "Mikrophonie I/II" and the official press release of the Stockhausen Foundation for Music, about the passing of Karlheinz Stockhausen.

Stockhausen will continue to influence generations of musicians to come, and remains alive within his extraordinary musical cosmos!!

_________________________________________________________

"Suzanne Stephens and Kathinka Pasveer, who have performed many of his works and, together with him, have taken care of the scores, compact discs, books, films, flowers, shrubs, and trees will continue to disseminate his work throughout the world, as prescribed in the statutes of the Stockhausen Foundation for Music, of which they are executive board members. Stockhausen always said that GOD gave birth to him and calls him home.
**** For Love is stronger than death. IN FRIENDSHIP and gratitude for everything that he has given to us personally and to humanity through his love and his music, we bid FAREWELL to Karlheinz Stockhausen, who lived to bring celestial music to humans, and human music to the celestial beings, so that Man may listen to GOD and GOD may hear His children.

On December 5th he ascended with JOY through HEAVEN'S DOOR, in order to continue to compose in PARADISE with COSMIC PULSES in eternal HARMONY, as he had always hoped to do: You, who summon me to Heaven, Eva, Mikael and Maria, let me eternally compose music for Heaven's Father-Mother, GOD creator of Cosmic Music. May Saint Michael, together with Heaven's musicians in ANGEL PROCESSIONS and INVISIBLE CHOIRS welcome him with a fitting musical GREETING. On behalf of him and following his example, we will endeavor to continue to protect the music."

by: Suzanne Stephens and Kathinka Pasveer; in the name of the world-wide family of musicians who love him, together with everyone who loves his music.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

May he rest in peace. But he was only a composer. What's all the religious hysteria from his women?

Anonymous said...

Dear Michael;

I should tell you that this is not any hysteria, these two persons were very close to Stockhausen, as they were the heads of the Stockhausen Foundation For Music, and also played many of his works, etc...
In the first place you should know that Stockhausen himself was a deeply religious person, one knows the profound connections he had with principles of Hinduism and Buddhism, and this religious feel reflected itself on his music (for example the piece called "Mantra" and so many other).

So he was not only a composer, but a religious human being that expressed himself through his creative gift that was mainly experimental electronic music.

I had the great opportunity to see him perform two great pieces last year and I can assure you that it was a transcendent experience.

He composed in ways to touch our inner sense, his aim was (is) definitely cosmic!!

May his soul rest in peace!

our deepest respect.

Kind Regards;

Anonymous said...

I stumbled upon this in the school library, of all places, in 1969. It was actually released by Columbia Records, and had a photo of the moon on a black background. As it was shortly after "2001 - A Space Odyssey" had come out, I associated this with all the spooky Gyorgy Ligetti music and the Varese and Xanakis that I'd discovered in the same batch. I don't claim to understand a lot about memory but I do know that this early programming is what created my sense of wonder, which is still with me today.
Yeah, Khz (as I came to call him, which I naturally associate with kilohertz) is as fresh in my mind as ever, simply because I cannot memorize his compositions outside of certain "events" within each piece. He is truly one of those figures who, if he didn't exist, we would have had to invent him...to give the species a reason for cellular advancement.

Anonymous said...

I agree. They do sound a bit hysterical to me. But I'm just a cynical, godless listener.
Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

great music, ugly guy...so what!

Cephus

Anonymous said...

generic rimonabant

Anonymous said...

Valuable info. Lucky me I found your site by accident, I bookmarked it.

Penis Enlargement Pills said...

I am thoroughly convinced in this said post. I am currently searching for ways in which I could enhance my knowledge in this said topic you have posted here. It does help me a lot knowing that you have shared this information here freely. I love the way the people here interact and shared their opinions too. I would love to track your future posts pertaining to the said topic we are able to read.

Louis said...

I am thoroughly convinced in this said post. I am currently searching for ways in which I could enhance my knowledge in this said topic you have posted here. It does help me a lot knowing that you have shared this information here freely. I love the way the people here interact and shared their opinions too. I would love to track your future posts pertaining to the said topic we are able to read.

Anonymous said...

http://www.mfg.com/usa/tramadolonline/#14762 tramadol hcl for anxiety - tramadol for dogs dose rate