Sunday 14 September 2008

V/A - She's Your Cook But She Burns My Bread Sometimes



PART I
LEMON SQUEEZERS
1. Bo Carter - Banana in Your Fruit Basket
2. Bo Carter - She's Your Cook But She Burns My Bread Sometimes
3. Memphis Minnie & Kansas Joe - What Fault You Find in Me?
4. Son House - My Black Mamma I & II
5. Big Bill Broonzy (w/ Black Bob) - Milk Cow Blues
6. Maggie Jones (w/ Satchmo & Fletch Anderson) - Anybody Here Want to Try My Cabbage
7. Lil Johnson (w/ Charles Avery) - You'll Never Miss Your Jelly Till Your Jelly Roller's Gone
8. St. Louis Bessie (Bessie Mae Smith w/ Peetie Wheatstraw & Charlie Jordan - Sugar Man Blues
9. Sara Martin ( w/ the Clarence Williams Orchestra) - Kitchen Man Blues
10. Lucille Bogan (w/ T.A. Dorsey & Tampa Red) - Coffee Grindin' Blues
11. Robert Johnson - Milkcow's Calf Blues

Part II
GRINDERS & OTHER SEX METAPHORS
12. Washboard Sam & His Washboard Band (w/ Black Bob & Big Bill Broonzy) - Barbecue
13. Bessie Jackson (w/ Lucile Bogan, W. Roland, Josh White) - Barbecue Bess
14. Jimmie Gordon (w/ H. Malcolm, Charlie McCoy, Harrison) - She Sells Good Meat
15. Lil Johnson (w/ Myrtle Jenkins, Big Bill Broonzy) - My Stove's in Good Condition
16. Lil Johnson & Her Chicago Swingers - Hottest Gal in Town
17. Bessie Smith (w/ Charlie Green, Porter Grainger) - Empty Bed Blues
18. Lonnie Johnson (w/ Blind John Davis, Andrew Harris) - He's a Jelly-Roll Baker
19. Lil Johnson (w/Black Bob, Bill Settles) - Get'em from the Peanuts Man
20 Lil Johnson (w/ Black Bob, Bill Settles) - Sam the Hot Dog Man



Recorded 1924-1942
Selection by Jean-Paul Levet
Cover Photo: Stove in John Fredrick Kitchen, Maryland 1941.
Illustration: Robert Crumb

If you don't like my sweet potato
What made you dig so deep,
Dig my potato field
Three or four times a week?
Lil' Johnson, "You'll never miss your Jelly".

Part 1 : Lemon Squeezers @320
Part 2 : Grinders & Other Sex Metaphors @320

8 comments:

sam the hot dog man said...

Great collection, thanks1

Jo/No said...

I love your blog, Bravo Juju!

I would be honoured if you would check out mine at:

www.jonosaudio.blogspot.com

Plenty of old school sounds as well as newer stuff, own compilations in all kinds of styles.

Anonymous said...

Great stuff! THX JUJU!

*** said...

dirty but hilarious! what more can you ask? great share, thanks

elpitrio said...

i know that you will like this record, it is a collection from trikont named copulation blues with many similar artists

http://rapidshare.com/files/155207368/CopBlues.rar

thank you for so many great music!

neonwhales said...

YOU ARE TOO GOOD TOO BE TRU JOO JOO

Anonymous said...

I was looking for Men BAGS and was wondering if Elizabeth and James is the best designer for Men BAGS?

Penis Enlargement Pills said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I think I will leave my comment.
I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog.
I will keep visiting this blog very often.