Friday 3 October, 2008

Perez Prado - Pops and Prado (1959)



Soon the world of popular music cocked an ear. Perez Prado started climbing like the ripping trumpets in his orchestra, and he's been soaring eve since.

And there's another added attraction - the electric organ. For this album, both the Conn and Hammond organs were used. Conn can be heard on Ida, Sweet As Apple Cider; Hammond on Heigh-Ho, Yes Sir, That's My Baby and Taking a Chance on Love; and both are heard on Carolina in the Morning, You're Driving Me Crazy!, Paper Doll and If You Knew Susie.

In addition to the organ, the instrumentation also includes Prado's piano, bass, percussion, two drummers, one trombonist, four reeds and five superb trumpets. The master's hand has not lost its touch. The stunning brass cascades that make the hackles rise are here, along with that concise, but pulsing, Latin beat that throbs with almost hypnotic intensity.

1. You're Driving Me Crazy! (What Did I Do?)
2. Manhattan
3. Isle of Capri
4. Three Little Words
5. Carolina in the Morning
6. Yes Sir, That's My Baby
7. Ciribiribin
8. Ida, Sweet As Apple Cider
9. If You Knew Susie (Like I Know Susie)
10. Paper Doll
11. Taking a Chance on Love
12. Heigh-Ho (The Dwarfs' Marching Song)

>> additional bonus tracks (mono):
13. The Millionaire
14. Catalania
15. Ola Conga
16. Clap Hands
17. Tic Toc Polly Woc

link@320

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,I really like your blog,in my web page there are 1.000 blogs for downloading music and your e-mail address is in may address book. If you want, add my addressin your address book too.
Kind regards to you all.
Ariel

Anonymous said...

Thanks dude. This is fun!

Anonymous said...

?!??!GLORIOUS MONO!?!?!?

Anonymous said...

?!??!GLORIOUS MONO!?!?!?

Penis Enlargement Pills said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I think I will leave my comment.
I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog.
I will keep visiting this blog very often.