Wednesday 2 January, 2008

Joe McPhee, Evan Parker, Dauník Lazro - S/T (1996)



There are four pieces here, each of which is an exercise in polytonal inquiry or microtonal extrapolation. These four exercises are sound-on-sound explorations that come through a brief series of melodic ideas and are turned inside out to reflect the timbral essence of each note being played to construct them. McPhee draws many of these exercises in these pieces back to a blues or groove framework, evoking ghosts of heroes long since passed and seldom acknowledged by the rest of this hyper-literate mob.
Thom Jurek, All Music Guide



Joe McPhee: soprano & alto sax, pocket trumpet, alto clarinet
Evan Parker: tenor & soprano sax
Dauník Lazro: alto & baritone saxophone

1. The Emmet's Inch
2. The Snake & the Scorpion
3. Fire on the Water
4. And Eagle's Mile

Recorded Live 13/5/1995 (Colmar) and 23/5/1995 (Vandoeuvre)

link1 : link2 @320

3 comments:

Deocliciano Okssipin Vieira, aka Ochyming said...

Nice, thx!

Remiller4 said...

Thank you very much for these masters at work. Rob

Penis Enlargement Pills said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I think I will leave my comment.
I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog.
I will keep visiting this blog very often.