Wednesday 12 November, 2008

Asmus Tietchens - Seuchengebiete 2 (1992)



Tietchens' second exploration of the "infested areas" focuses on the actual physical processes of water running through wastepipes, and the noises that these actions generate. The basic sounds were recorded on a three track tape machine via two condenser microphones and one contact microphone. The captured sounds have been treated and processed extensively to achieve a remarkable end product.

Some noises are processed more than others, having the effect of transforming the watery sounds into harp-like string arrangements. At other times, insect communication, a hive of subterranean activity, an insistent vibration pervades the track Hydrophonie 12. Hydrophonie 8 patters along incessantly, glass shivers, ice melts. I swear I could hear voices in there! Tietchens stresses that there is no message to be found in this recording. The result is enthralling. Matthew Riley

1. Hydrophonie 13
2. Hydrophonie 8
3. Hydrophonie 11
4. Hydrophonie 12

Recorded in Audiplex Studios, Hamburg.
Produced by Okko Bekker.
Released by Syrenia Records in 1992.

link@320

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this looks a treat, thanks juju-man

Anonymous said...

merci_

Penis Enlargement Pills said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I think I will leave my comment.
I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog.
I will keep visiting this blog very often.