"Freak Show actually began in the studio when one Resident was tinkering with some tracks that sounded strangely like a weird circus environment. Perhaps another was reading Katherine Dunn's Geek Love, or maybe saw the movie Freaks, as the writing continued. In any case, Freak Show evolved -- a concept album that takes place in a carny side show, each story telling the story of a different freak. This comic , inspired by the album, came about through the generous efforts of all its creators and Dark Horse comics. Fans of The Residents, each was given a copy of the album and asked to create a visual interpretation of one of the freaks. Although the process was done in reverse, the album could be a sort of "soundtrack" for this comic -- one possible interpretation of the Residents' brilliant musical story-telling". Rich Shupe
2. Kyle Baker - Everybody Comes to the Freakshow
3. Brian Bolland - Harry the Head
4. Matt Howarth - Jello Jack
5. John bolton - Wanda the Worm Woman
6. Savage Pencil - Mickey the Mumbling Midget
7. Richard Sala - Herman the Human Mole
8. Pourneaux Graphics - Benny the Bouncing Bump
9. Dave McKean - Lillie
10. Kyle Baker - Nobody Laughs When They Leave
11. Afterward (sic)
To read this you can simply unzip the file and read it as a PDF document.
Or you can use a CBR reader, available here (mac) or there (windows).